Anyway, they turned out looking very sexy...They'll go well with my Baba Ghanoush! :)
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/4 -1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 - 1 cup of warm water
- 2/3 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of fried onions
- 5-10 green olives, chopped up fine
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of dry basil
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds (as garnish)
Prep work: Cut an onion lengthwise and fry till its a deep brown color. Do this a day before and place in refrigerator. They should be crunchy.
To the flour, add the oil and water (leave some in reserve). Along with the fried onions and cumin seeds. Add the chopped olives and the basil.
Using a rolling pin or the palm of your hand, roll out the dough into a thin sheet (no more than 1/8th of an inch in height)
Bake for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown. (Mine took more than an hour - thats my headache to figure out what I am doing wrong)