- About 200 grams of unsalted walnuts
- About 200 grams of dates (deseeded)
- Zest of an orange -- about a fist full - The imported big oranges work better than the local ones.
- Grind the walnuts to a granular powder in a blender - I prefer a bit of uneven chunkiness. Set aside.
- Grind the dates or finely chop them up.
- Grate the zest of an orange.
- Using these three ingredients, form a dough, mixing all three well together.
- Form bars or balls in the size you desire.
- Refrigerate for some time
Serving: Will make about 25 laddoos.
PS: Unlike the last time I made these kinds of balls, I left out honey or water - so that this time the "dough" was really dry. That way I dont have to leave the balls out in the sun to dry out the excess moistness.