Sunday, November 28, 2010

Zuccini, Asparagus and Peppers Salad

It's been a week since I got all my produce from the Farmer's Market and I still have plenty of it left over! Add to that I come home really late at night from work and dont feel like spending any time in the kitchen, and just ordering a Subway on my way home.

But I didnt want my very expensive zuccini and asparagus wither away in shame. So, salads is was!

To make, you'll need:
  • Some asparagus (boiled for 2 minutes)
  • 1/2 zuccini
  • 1/2 a red pepper
  • 1/2 a yellow pepper
  • 1/2 a green pepper
  • 1/2 a ripe tomato
  • 2-3 small Indian aubergines (boiled for a minute)
  • Some lettuce leaves
  • Handful of olives
  • Spoonful of olive oil
To make:
Start off with the chopped peppers and lettuce leaves


 Add the boiled asparagus....
 Then the zuccini ...Its a shame to have boiled zuccini..So definitely have it raw.
 Chopped tomatoes go in next.
 Then the aubergines and the olives...
Drizzle a little olive oil on top. Remember the tomatoes are going to leave their juices as well, so dont add a lot of olive oil.

Here's the final product:

1 comment:

Kate @ Diethood.com said...

Beautiful, healthy, delicious! You do such a good job with using up the best of veggies and fruits... it always sounds amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...