But then I saw this no churn pomogranate icecream recipe by Nigella Lawson. I had a pomogranate at home. And more importantly, I had a can of coconut cream, that I was dying to dig into. So I did start off with the idea of just making a pomogranate icecream. But, as I added my coconut cream to the pomogranate juice, I really liked the nutty flavor and so, probably, added more coconut cream than I should have. The result is my coconut and pomogranatae no churn, vegan ice cream. No sugar as well. I used maple syrup - which is what turned the ice cream color from a rosy pink to a soft plum color.
Coconut & Pomogranate Ice Cream
- 1 large pomogranate (about 2 cups of pomogranate seeds)
- 1 cup coconut cream (more if you're using coconut milk)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 lime
- Peel the pomogranate to get about 1.5 to 2 cups of pomogranate.
- In a juicer, juice the pomogranate along with the juice of half a lime. Its up to you whether you want to include the pomogranate seeds or discard them. I included them as they're very healthy.
- Tranfer the pomo-lime juice into a bowl. Stir in the maple syrup.
- Add little by little the coconut cream into the mixture, stirring all the while.
- You may also want to transfer this mixture back in a blender and just get some air in by blending for 5-10 minutes.
- Lay the mixture in a tin bowl and put it in the freezer with a lid on.
- After an hour or so of putting the mixture in the freezer, take it off and break the chunks and stir around for some time, and put back in the freezer to reset. Repeat this process a couple more times after an hour or so. Then leave it in the freezer for 4 hours to set one final time.