...And my pot of hummus (quite literally - it came in an earthen pot) needed intensive attention before its demise this Sunday (at least that's what the hummous lady at the Farmer's market told me last Sunday). Hence, the hummus, which is already boiled and ground up, was the perfect replacement for other lentils I might have used. Mine contained the usual chick pea as well as sesame and pumpkin seeds.
I made the mistake of adding some water in the blender which left the patties a bit on the soggy side. So, definitely don't do that! And I had mine with normal white (yes, processed) bread grilled with a lettuce leaf and two patties in each sandwich.
Hummus and Veggie Patties
- 3 tablespoons of hummus
- About 1 - 1/2 cups of zuccini, peppers, carrots
- 2 whole jalepeno peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
- A pinch of tumeric powder
- About a cup of semolina
- Chop up the zuccini, peppers and carrots roughly.
- Toss the veggies into a blender and blitz the life out of them.
- Add the hummus, jalepenos and the spices. Mix again.
- Form patties of your desired shape.
- Coat the patties uniformly in the semolina (or bread crumbs, if you have them).
- Deep fry till a golden brown.
- Enjoy with a mint chutney or Tabasco.