Friday, November 5, 2010

Something Sweet...That's also good for you!

Here's my version of a raw energy bar.




Ingredients:
  1. 1 cup of seeds (I used pumpkin and watermelon)
  2. 8-10 dates
  3. A little orange zest
  4. Dash of honey
To make:
  1. Divide the cup of seeds into three batches. I wanted varied texture in my bar and not everything ground up into a fine paste. So, what I did was put in each batch in a blender at a different time. So that all the seeds are not evenly ground up.
  2. Throw in the first batch of seeds (1/3 of the cup) into a blender and dry-ground them till its a powder.
  3. Into this powder, throw in the second batch along with the dates, orange zest, and honey. Blitz once again.
  4. Finally toss in the last batch of seeds. I wanted these to remain as whole as possible.
  5. Add a little honey or more dates, as required, till you are happy with the consistency of the final mixture. I refrained from adding water because I didn't want a soggy bar.
  6. Lay out the mixture in a plate.
  7. Leave it to dry in the sun for a couple of days (or a dehydrator). This step is only if you are planning on keeping the bars for a few days. If you just want to eat it immediately, dig in!
  8. Chop into pieces or roll it up into a ball, as desired.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...