Friday, November 5, 2010

Marinated Beets

I come from a family that always over-boils their beets. Apart from a glorious rasberry lip sheen, I never figured what exactly I was gaining by eating those beets.

So, I had a couple of beets to spare, and decided against making another smoothie, as usual. We don't get berries here, so using beets to give a deep dark maroon color to your smoothies is just a brilliant tip I read on a smoothie blog. Just a quarter of a beet will tint whatever else you've dumped into the blender a rich, seductive berry shade. Anyways, this post isn't about a beet drink!

Ingredients:
  1. Raw beets,
  2. juice of one whole orange/lime,
  3. olive oil,
  4. coriander,
  5. thyme
  6. Sunshine (if available)
To make:
I'm not much of a measurer. Just do what feels right.
Toss it all up and leave in the direct rays of the sun for a couple of hours. Its amazing how tender raw beets can get! Didn't feel they were raw at all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...