Carpaccio of Pineapple
- Half a ripe pineapple
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Remove the skin off the pineapple and roughly chop up half the pineapple into thin slices.
- Rip open an entire vanilla bean and scrape out the black seeds from within.
- Spread evenly on both sides of the pineapple.
- Finish off with a generous glug of olive oil.
- Serve chilled.
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
Speaking of which, does the below mail reek of "booty call" or "aw, nice innocent gesture"? I thought I was just being sweet, but 30 minutes later when I re-read it (coupled with Claire from Modern Family ominous declaration of "Women in their 30s are like ninjas on the Internet - just want to sneak their way into some one's marriage." ringing in my head), it does seem ninja-ish. Oh well. There are worse things in the world than complementing a good looking guy. And no, I'm not going to provide a link to this mystery dude's facebook profile. ;-)
Submitting this to