Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Füssen, Germany

Ever dreamed of having your own castle? Enamored by princess sagas by Walt Disney? Then you have to come to Neuschwanstein Schloss at Füssen, Germany. I mean, Neuschwanstein is THE castle, bar none. We went there over the weekend as my boss was driving down to the Austrian border for some weekend ski-ing. As soon as he showed me a photo of Neuschwanstein, I went "Oh, the Cinderella castle!!!" Fussen was definitely on my to-go list, so I said why not?! We drove on the Autobahn, and I also saw and touched my first snow - no kidding...The only snow you see in Mumbai is the one you see inside a badly broken down refrigerator. My landlord, that day, asked me if I wanted to join him in a anti-nuclear protest rally at Stuttgart, and that the reactor there is very unsafe and there could be a repeat of the Japan disaster. Tempting. Tempting. But I had a little fairytale castle to pay homage to first.

Apparantly, Neuschwanstein is a bit of a tourist trap, with many German colleagues not even visited the famed castle. You'll see a horde of tourists - mostly Chinese or Japanese. The entry fee is a hefty 12 euros, and you pay more if you want a bus ride up to the castle. Add to that, you cannot take photos once inside the castle. Bummer, yeah. Oh, did I mention, it's freezing cold up there (at least for an Indian)?!

Would I recommend it? Absolutely. It's gorgeous on the inside and you could not have asked for a more dramatic setting than high up the German Alps. Fairytale-like, indeed! Now, if only princes existed in this day and age, and I could get permanent residency inside the castle....


More photos here

2 comments:

Sosha said...

I visited Germany last month and stayed a night at a castle too! I stayed in Schloss Lehen, near Bad Wimpfen. Not too far from Tubingen.

Payoffers dotin said...

Earn from Ur Website or Blog thr PayOffers.in!

Hello,

Nice to e-meet you. A very warm greetings from PayOffers Publisher Team.

I am Sanaya Publisher Development Manager @ PayOffers Publisher Team.

I would like to introduce you and invite you to our platform, PayOffers.in which is one of the fastest growing Indian Publisher Network.

If you're looking for an excellent way to convert your Website / Blog visitors into revenue-generating customers, join the PayOffers.in Publisher Network today!


Why to join in PayOffers.in Indian Publisher Network?

* Highest payout Indian Lead, Sale, CPA, CPS, CPI Offers.
* Only Publisher Network pays Weekly to Publishers.
* Weekly payments trough Direct Bank Deposit,Paypal.com & Checks.
* Referral payouts.
* Best chance to make extra money from your website.

Join PayOffers.in and earn extra money from your Website / Blog

http://www.payoffers.in/affiliate_regi.aspx

If you have any questions in your mind please let us know and you can connect us on the mentioned email ID info@payoffers.in

I?m looking forward to helping you generate record-breaking profits!

Thanks for your time, hope to hear from you soon,
The team at PayOffers.in

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...